Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by "Ivan St. Ivanov" <iv...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/26 01:08:29 UTC

TomEE 7 and JPA 2.1

Hi folks,

We will be running a series of workshops in Bulgarian JUG to develop our
new website. We'll be using Java EE 7 and TomEE 7. I know it is still
milestone release and not fully EE 7 compatible. But we decided to take the
"risk".

In the app we are using the new schema generation annotations coming with
JPA 2.1, but they did not work. When I turned back to the old,
implementation specific ones, it worked.

Did I get it wrong that none of the WebProfile or PLUME distributions
supports the JPA 2.1 spec? In the former I find OpenJPA 2.4.0, while in the
latter I see EclipseLink 2.4.2.

Do you plan to provide JPA 2.1 support at least in the PLUME distro?

Thanks,
Ivan

P.S. Roberto sent me a couple of weeks ago instructions how to integrate
Hibernate JPA, but I would like to keep the configuration steps as few as
possible as there will be a lot of people that will have to do them during
the workshop

Re: TomEE 7 and JPA 2.1

Posted by "Ivan St. Ivanov" <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hi everybody,

Thanks for your answers!

*@Mitia:* as far as I saw, M3 contains EclipseLink 2.4.2 as well?

*@Alex:* I want to avoid that, as this is going to be a workshop and most
of the people will have to do that manually.

*@Romain:* I want to keep the pom as simple as possible.

Well, I guess we will go with the custom persistence.xml for now and once
you release TomEE 7 Final, we'll switch to the JPA 2.1 generic table
generation property. At the end, when we go productive, we won't need that
anyway.

Cheers,
Ivan

Re: TomEE 7 and JPA 2.1

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE 7 and JPA 2.1

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
We had (have but see warning at the end) a hibernate profile to build a
tomee-hibernate. Was not activated by default cause of hibernate license
but should still be working.

The small warning is we probably need to upgrade hibernate versions as we
did for eclipselink (right only on master ATM but we'll release soon once
next version is validated).

Finally I'd go with the tomee maven plugin solution which can be as easy as:

<plugin>
  <configuration>
   <libs>
     <lib>remove:openjpa</lib>
     <lib>unzip:com.jug.workshop:hibernate-bundle:1.0.0:zip</lib>
   </libs>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

if you prepare a zip of hibernate dependencies to add to tomee/lib. TomEE
also has the equivalent in programmatic mode if you want to replace all of
that by code in a dependency.

Romain Manni-Bucau

:

RE: TomEE 7 and JPA 2.1