Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ilya Khandamirov <il...@gmx.de> on 2005/01/25 23:57:42 UTC

OT: alternatives to cocoon?

Hi,

Sorry, if this is a FAQ, but i really cannot find the information.

For an upcomming project i need an XML Publishing Framework, where i could
define different processing pipelines. So, i'm trying to figure out, what is
available on the market. Cocoon is of course the first tool coming to mind,
but i'd like also to have a look at it's competitors (if any).

After several hours of googling i ended up with only two more names - AxKit
and Zope, whereas the AxKit home page is not available. Is this really
everything or have i overlooked something? I would greatly appreciate any
links/information. The framework can be open source as well as commercial.
Programming language it is written in does not matter.

Thanks,
Ilya

--
GMX im TV ... Die Gedanken sind frei ... Schon gesehen?
Jetzt Spot online ansehen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/tv-spot

Re: OT: alternatives to cocoon?

Posted by Erik Bruchez <er...@bruchez.org>.
Orbeon Presentation Server (open source, written in Java):

http://www.orbeon.com/software/presentation-server
http://sourceforge.net/projects/orbeon/

See the following post for a recent comment about how it compares with
Cocoon:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=10651452

-Erik

Posted by Timur Izhbulatov <ti...@yxo.ru>.
Ilya Khandamirov писал(а):

> Hi,
>
> Sorry, if this is a FAQ, but i really cannot find the information.
>
> For an upcomming project i need an XML Publishing Framework, where i could
> define different processing pipelines. So, i'm trying to figure out, what is
> available on the market. Cocoon is of course the first tool coming to mind,
> but i'd like also to have a look at it's competitors (if any).

You should also take a look at the maki project
(http://maki.sourceforge.net/)

 --
Timur Izhbulatov

Re: OT: alternatives to cocoon?