Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com> on 2022/08/22 22:28:56 UTC

In RTC mode, looks like we can go straight to a release candidate

With no votes against, we are now in RTC mode.

Committers, please post proposed commits as patches in a Bugzilla issue
for review before committing. Hold off on anything that is potentially
destabilizing.

It looks like the only thing left before we can produce a release
candidate is Kevin and Giovanni declaring that the edits to the UPGRADE
file on Google Docs are complete so I can reformat it into a text file
and commit it to svn. It looks like that is about ready, so I can just
go straight to making an rc1 instead of a pre-release 3.

RTC rules do not have to apply to edits to documentation, comments, or
tests, as long as you are careful to not kill the build with a typo.

Thanks everyone, we are almost there!

  Sidney

Re: In RTC mode, looks like we can go straight to a release candidate

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
Thanks. I think Upgrade and Announcements in the Google Docs are good to go
now!
--
Kevin A. McGrail
Member, Apache Software Foundation