Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@netgami.com> on 2001/12/13 00:51:21 UTC

UDDI Server

I would like to propose an XML Apache project.  A Java UDDI Server, written to talk to a relational database (MySQL, Oracle, etc) possibly with EJBs, that also has security hooks and integrates with Apache SOAP or Apache AXIS, and uses Xerces.  Anyone interested in working on such a project?

Thanks,

Jason

Re: UDDI Server

Posted by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
> Jason Rutherglen wrote:
>
> I would like to propose an XML Apache project.  A Java UDDI Server,
> written to talk to a relational database (MySQL, Oracle, etc) possibly
> with EJBs, that also has security hooks and integrates with Apache
> SOAP or Apache AXIS, and uses Xerces.  Anyone interested in working on
> such a project?

I know that there are three developers from Sun that are building a UDDI
repository against Xindice.  Perhaps Sun would be willing to donate this
project to the Apache Foundation at some point to serve as the basis for
such an undertaking?

--
Tom Bradford - http://www.tbradford.org
Developer - Apache Xindice (formerly dbXML)

Re: UDDI Server

Posted by Vivek Chopra <vi...@yahoo.com>.
A correction Jason. UDDI4J V1 was developed by IBM,
however UDDI4J V2 (hosted at www.uddi4j.org) has
had code contributions from both IBM and HP. UDDI4J
is an open source project available under the
IBM Open Source licence.

- Vivek

email: vivek@soaprpc.com
web  : http://www.soaprpc.com

Re: UDDI Server

Posted by Farrukh Najmi <Fa...@Sun.COM>.
I would also like to mention that Java API based access to a UDDI server can
also be achieved with the Java API for XML Registries Reference Implementation
(JAXR RI). The JAXR RI will be made available sometime this week  at the

    http://java.sun.com/xml

web site as part of the JAX Pack Winter release. For more information on JAXR
please see:

    http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxr/index.html

Farrukh

Re: UDDI Server