Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Kooper <se...@list.ru> on 2009/10/21 10:35:58 UTC

Upgrading from cfx 2.1.3 to 2.2.3 and MTOM issue

Hi I have upgraded cfx 2.1.3 to 2.2.3 and now I have exception on the server:
<org.codehaus.xfire.fault.XFireFault: Could not find the attachment
cid:36de691a-c4ee-4e5f-85b0-63df79d64d73-12@urn%3Acws%3Aasset>org.codehaus.xfire.fault.XFireFault:
Could not find the attachment
cid:36de691a-c4ee-4e5f-85b0-63df79d64d73-12@urn%3Acws%3Aasset
	at
org.codehaus.xfire.aegis.type.mtom.AbstractXOPType.readInclude(AbstractXOPType.java:62)
	at
org.codehaus.xfire.aegis.type.mtom.AbstractXOPType.readObject(AbstractXOPType.java:45)
	at
org.codehaus.xfire.aegis.type.collection.MapType.readObject(MapType.java:75)
	at
org.codehaus.xfire.aegis.AegisBindingProvider.readParameter(AegisBindingProvider.java:169)
	at
org.codehaus.xfire.service.binding.AbstractBinding.read(AbstractBinding.java:206)
	at
org.codehaus.xfire.service.binding.WrappedBinding.readMessage(WrappedBinding.java:51)
	at
org.codehaus.xfire.soap.handler.SoapBodyHandler.invoke(SoapBodyHandler.java:42)
	at
org.codehaus.xfire.handler.HandlerPipeline.invoke(HandlerPipeline.java:131)
	at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.DefaultEndpoint.onReceive(DefaultEndpoint.java:64)
	at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.AbstractChannel.receive(AbstractChannel.java:38)
	at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServletController.invoke(XFireServletController.java:281)
	at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServletController.doService(XFireServletController.java:129)
	at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServlet.doPost(XFireServlet.java:116)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
	at
	at
When I used cxf2.1.3 everything worked fine but we need compatibility with
java 6 so we had to move to cxf2.2.3. Are there any specific updates that I
should make when upgrading to cxf mentioned above for MTOM to work properly?
Thanks.

Re: Upgrading from cfx 2.1.3 to 2.2.3 and MTOM issue

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
 I don't suppose you can move your server to CXF?

I believe that your particular problem is the result of a repair that Dan
made to the XOP code. If you could debug the XFire code sufficiently to tell
us exactly what it is upset about, it might be possible to make an option to
produce something it can cope with.

Posted by Kooper <se...@list.ru>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kooper <se...@list.ru>.
Sorry forgot attach SOAP message, here it is:
<attachments>
            <entry>
               <key>PreviewImage</key>
               <value>
                  <xop:Include
xmlns:xop="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/xop/include"

href="cid:138f50b3-e4eb-44fb-8e39-df30f3a4fa99-1@urn%3Acws%3Aasset"/>
               </value>
            </entry>
            <entry>
               <key>ThumbnailImage</key>
               <value>
                  <xop:Include
xmlns:xop="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/xop/include"

href="cid:138f50b3-e4eb-44fb-8e39-df30f3a4fa99-2@urn%3Acws%3Aasset"/>
               </value>
            </entry>
         </attachments>

Re: Upgrading from cfx 2.1.3 to 2.2.3 and MTOM issue

Posted by Kooper <se...@list.ru>.

dkulp wrote:

> This isn't an Aegis issue I don't think.
>
> First off, can you try 2.2.4?   There are a couple MTOM bugs fixed in
> 2.2.4,
> mostly around streaming, but it's possible it affects this.
>
> Next, any chance you can wireshark the transfers for both 2.2.4 and 2.1.3?
> I'd like to see what the differences are.   I don't need the whole
> attachment.
> Just the soap message (to see the mtom element) and the headers for the
> attachment parts.
>
> Looking at it, I THINK it might have something to do with the special
> chars
> in:
> urn%3Acws%3Aasset
> (the %3A things)
> At one point, we were not properly encoding them which caused interop
> problems.  I'm willing to be 2.1.3 probably has them as urn:cws:asset or
> similar.   XFire might not be decoding the cid properly.
>

> Thanks!
> Dan

Yes, I tried 2.2.4 but still the same result. I'll look at the xfire side
and will try to catch the issue then return when having some results.

Posted by Kooper <se...@list.ru>.

dkulp wrote:

> This isn't an Aegis issue I don't think.
>
> First off, can you try 2.2.4?   There are a couple MTOM bugs fixed in
> 2.2.4,
> mostly around streaming, but it's possible it affects this.
>
> Next, any chance you can wireshark the transfers for both 2.2.4 and 2.1.3?
> I'd like to see what the differences are.   I don't need the whole
> attachment.
> Just the soap message (to see the mtom element) and the headers for the
> attachment parts.
>
> Looking at it, I THINK it might have something to do with the special
> chars
> in:
> urn%3Acws%3Aasset
> (the %3A things)
> At one point, we were not properly encoding them which caused interop
> problems.  I'm willing to be 2.1.3 probably has them as urn:cws:asset or
> similar.   XFire might not be decoding the cid properly.
>

> Thanks!
> Dan

I've debugged server and you are right the problem is in special characters.
XFire expects no special symbols in requested attachment ids (e.g.
c89be824-3ac4-48ed-9d91-72072732f42a-69@urn:cws:asset) but receives ids with
special symbols (e.g.
c89be824-3ac4-48ed-9d91-72072732f42a-69@urn%3Acws%3Aasset), so it finds
nothing.