Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Geoffrey <jc...@hotmail.com> on 2005/12/01 16:34:03 UTC

[m2] exlusion behaving wierd (known bug?)

My parent pom:

             <!-- Security -->
             <dependency>
                 <groupId>acegisecurity</groupId>
                 <artifactId>acegi-security</artifactId>
                 <version>0.9.0</version>
                 <exclusions>
                     <exclusion>
                         <groupId>ehcache</groupId>
                         <artifactId>ehcache</artifactId>
                     </exclusion>
... <!-- all other dependend libraries -->
                 </exclusions>
             </dependency>
             <dependency>
                 <groupId>acegisecurity</groupId>
                 <artifactId>acegi-security-tiger</artifactId>
                 <version>0.9.0</version>
                 <exclusions>
                     <exclusion>
                         <groupId>ehcache</groupId>
                         <artifactId>ehcache</artifactId>
                     </exclusion>
... <!-- all other dependend libraries -->
                 </exclusions>
             </dependency>

             <!-- DAO -->
             <dependency>
                 <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
                 <artifactId>hibernate</artifactId>
                 <version>3.1rc2</version>
             </dependency>
             <dependency>
                 <groupId>ehcache</groupId>
                 <artifactId>ehcache</artifactId>
                 <version>1.1</version>
             </dependency>

In a configuration like this, ehache isn't on the classpath,
although it is specified as a dependency.
No warning is given.
I would expect the exlusions to be scoped for the library they are
configured for, apperently they are not?

Maybe this is a know bug?

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: [m2] exlusion behaving wierd (known bug?)

Posted by Nik Gonzalez <ng...@exist.com>.
Hi Geoffrey,

Please check this out: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-705

hth,