Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Илья Нарыжный <ph...@ydn.ru> on 2016/01/31 01:38:23 UTC

WicketStuff status and future; awesome-wicket project

Guys,

Please help me understand what's status of wicketstuff project and
what's a roadmap for the future?

I'm asking, because from community stand point I don't see so much pros.

Pros:

1) It's easy to have all wicket related projects in place and observe at once.

But this pros can be easily done by creating a library of links to all
wicket related project. What else do you have in mind?

List of cons is longer:

1) It's hard to manage issues baceuse there are multiple projects and
multiple authors.
2) It's expected that versions of wicketstuff projects are in sync
with wicket version. But in reality, as I can see, significant part of
projects update just pom.xml to a newer version. So: it brings
redundant versions for those projects
3) Hard to search. Yes - google can find everything, but on github
it's much more reasonable to have separate repository per project.
4) When project jumps to wicketstuff: all dependencies should be
updated. And sometimes it's not easy: for example if you include
ProjectA which includes ProjectB and projectB jump to wicketstuff.
5) And finally: most of projects are already outdated and not
supported by authors

For my own purposes I started to collect wicket related projects here:
https://github.com/PhantomYdn/awesome-wicket
Collection of links might be move beneficial for the community rather
that moving everything under single project (WicketStuff), I think.

Thanks,

Ilya

Re: WicketStuff status and future; awesome-wicket project

Posted by Štefan Šimík <st...@gmail.com>.
I find the list excellent. I had no idea, about so many useful things out
there!
Thank you for your effort!

It definitely goes to one of primary wicket related links ;)

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ilya

wicket-calendar is now little bit old...
A more recent implementation (fullcalendar v2) can be found in the
wicket-jquery-ui project (artifact: wicket-jquery-ui-calendar)

Also, an implementation of the Kendo UI library exists in the same project
(artifact: wicket-kendo-ui)

Thanks & best regards,
Sebastien.

Re: WicketStuff status and future; awesome-wicket project

Posted by Francois Meillet <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ilya,

I just use google !

François