Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/10 13:29:13 UTC

Problem with sample POMs

Every time I try to run maven for one of the samples, it decides that
it wants a special experimental version of CXF that I had at one point
(version 2.2-xmlschema-2.0). I think that the POM construct [2,0 is
too aggressive. How could we trim it back, or make it respect the
local environment?

Re: Problem with sample POMs

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 10 December 2008 7:29:13 am Benson Margulies wrote:
> Every time I try to run maven for one of the samples, it decides that
> it wants a special experimental version of CXF that I had at one point
> (version 2.2-xmlschema-2.0). I think that the POM construct [2,0 is
> too aggressive. How could we trim it back, or make it respect the
> local environment?

The only way to do this would be to change the release process slightly and
add a new profile that would include all the samples.

Basically, add a "samples" profile that would include all the samples into the
reactor.   Slightly tricky as the samples don't have  a "samples-parent" or
something that currently points at all of them.

Once that is done, the release procedure would change from:
mvn release:prepare -Peverything
mvn release:prepare -Peverything,samples

That would allow the release plugin to update the version numbers of all the
sample poms as well.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org