Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Nathaniel McMullin <na...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/10 16:17:37 UTC

VMWare View with VCL

We are currently investigating Virtual Labs for our Students.  We'd like to deploy VMWare View to complement our existing ESX infrastructure which hosts our servers, and eventually allow for thin clients for our Faculty/Staff.  The short-term, Phase 1, is to allow for more Open Lab space.  With that said, we need to ensure students can get onto the Virtual Labs and having a Reservation System would fill this need.

Looking at Apache VCL I am wondering if this is simply a separate solution that would not tie into VMWare View or or Apache VCL simply see VMWare View as "physical" computers and that's how it would be best to implement.  Does anyone have experience tying the two together?  Many thanks.

-Nate @ UNH (SA).

Re: VMWare View with VCL

Posted by Nathaniel McMullin <na...@gmail.com>.
That's interesting.  I know the immediate concern is Open Labs that mostly run Windows.  But I am sure Engineering may need a Linux option.

Re: VMWare View with VCL

Posted by Sean Dilda <se...@duke.edu>.

Re: VMWare View with VCL

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
Your welcome. As you research it more, feel free to ask questions. I and
others here will be happy to answer them best we can.

Aaron

--
Aaron Peeler
Program Manager