Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Calvin Chen <pi...@hotmail.com> on 2021/06/09 13:41:36 UTC

Question about Kafka ACL

Hi all

I have a question about kafka acl, is it possible to limit users to access a topic?

For example, if person-a created kafka-user-a and grant kafka-user-a to access topic-a, and person-b knows there is topic-a, but he doesn't know the credential to access topic-a via kafka-user-a, so he created kafka-user-b and grant kafka-user-b to access topic-a, so in this case person-b is able to read message from topic-a, how do we make sure topic-a is accessible only by kafka-user-a of person-a?

Thanks
Calvin

Re: Question about Kafka ACL

Posted by Shilin Wu <sh...@confluent.io.INVALID>.
You should investigate why person-b can create user and grant ACLs.

Here might be some good reading on ACL related setup:
https://docs.confluent.io/platform/current/kafka/authorization.html

[image: Confluent] <https://www.confluent.io>
Wu Shilin
Solution Architect