Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org> on 2020/06/04 13:12:23 UTC

Release roadmap of ShardingSphere 5.x

Hi all,

We have already developed the 5.x version on master for months, we need to
discuss the release roadmap of this version.

I prefer to release 3 release candidate versions before the stable 5.0.0
version.

- 5.0.0-RC1 focus on determine the user API, which include Java API, YAML
API, spring boot starter and spring namespace which adapt the pluggable
architecture, and include storage structure in orchestration config center.
- 5.0.0-RC2 focus on determine the developer SPI, which include
all pluggable architecture extensions.
- 5.0.0-RC3 focus on quality and robustness of pluggable
architecture kernel.

Any suggestions?

------------------

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

Re: Release roadmap of ShardingSphere 5.x

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
There is no deadline for now, because we still need time to refactor the
user API, they don't finish yet.

Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> 于2020年6月5日周五 上午10:45写道:

Re:Re: Release roadmap of ShardingSphere 5.x

Posted by KimmKing <ki...@apache.org>.
That sound nice.

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.

Posted by KimmKing <ki...@apache.org>.