Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/05 20:16:23 UTC

Scan mojo?

Hi everyone,

Did a quick scan mojo (+ its integration in our base scanner):
https://github.com/apache/openwebbeans/tree/rmannibucau/scan-mojo

It is usable but mainly a prototype for now.
If you have some time on real apps - and tunning a bit the plugin to not
scan the world (;)), can you test it on your apps to see if we have some
benefit not opening the jars to scan and just load classes from a pre
scanned mode.

On my test app different was literally almost 0 so I'm tempted to not add
it at all but wonder if on big apps it can help.

Potential future would be to cut more scanning but I'm quite disappointed
by the perf result with such a solution on my apps (ok I already trimmed
down a lot the scanning but still, expected some 100ms of improvement).

Feedback welcomed to know if it is worth keeping it or not.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: Scan mojo?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Should be something along:

<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.openwbebeans</groupId>
<artifactId>openwebbeans-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>{snapshot}</version>
<executions>
  <execution>
    <id>scan</id>
    <phase>process-classes</phase>
    <configuration><!-- you can adjust dependencies includes/excludes
--></configuration>
  </execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

Then at runtime, ensure to have owb snapshot and a scanner extending the
abstract metadata one.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: Scan mojo?

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.