Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/08 21:21:50 UTC

Re: Link to DRAFT schedule for apacheCON CORE:

First, I don't speak on behalf of others...

For what it is worth, I have neither submitted multiple talks to increase
the changes of acceptance nor advised others to do so.
That some in the OFBiz community/track submitted multiple talks has mainly
to do with the fact that Apache OFBiz is applicable in various (industry)
sectors, but also at various levels of organisational maturity. Our
adopters and contributors come from a broad spectrum of interest, so we got
14 talks submitted by our contributors that cater to that diversity. If
increasing the odds would have been the deciding reason for submitting
multiple talks, I and others from the OFBiz community could have submitted
way more than we have done.

I adviced the speaker of the Trafodion talk in BigData to also do a pitch
in your Shark session, Roman, as Trafodion is in the incubation process. I
advised that based on the simple argument that a podling can use attention
a bit more than an existing project visavis building a healthy contributors
community.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*