Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Rashmi Dave <ra...@persistent.co.in> on 2006/02/06 06:37:51 UTC

[Abator] selectByExample not working?

Hi Jeff,

I am using Abator generated DAO classes to fire queries against the tables.

I would like to select those rows in a table where the ACTIVE column is "Y".
For this my code reads

RolesExample roleExl = new RolesExample();
roleExl.setIsActive("Y");

List roleGrps = roleDAO.selectByExample(roleExl);

I would like this to generate a WHERE ACTIVE = 'Y' in the select query.

However, I find that the list being returned has all the rows in the table.
Not sure if I am using this right. Can you please help?

Thanks in advance

Cheers!
Rashmi

Re: [Abator] selectByExample not working?

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
iBATIS and Abator support sequences directly - there's no need to alter the
generated inserts if you configure the abator_config file properly.  To use,
specify something like this in your Abator configuration:

  <generatedKey column="some_column" sqlStatement="select
sequence.nextvalfrom someSequence"
                         identity="false"/>

You'll need to replace all the values in the above example to the actual
values in your database.

When you run the DAO insert method, it will return the newly generated key -
so you can use the value in other queries.

Jeff Butler

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.