Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by J4K <ju...@klunky.co.uk> on 2011/08/09 10:50:30 UTC

malware.blocklist.cf : www.malware.com.br unavailable

Hi,

    I noticed that the site that provided the malware.blocklist.cf  has
been unavailable since at least the 8th of August.

URL for the file was on http://www.malware.com.br/cgi/submit?action=list_sa

The FQDN no longer resolves to an address.  I have tried our local DNS,
Level3 4.2.2.2 and Google 8.8.4.4. Its not there :(

Does anyone know why they are unavailable?  (Or even, is the site
available to you?)

Regards, S

Re: SOLVED Re: malware.blocklist.cf : www.malware.com.br unavailable

Posted by Dave Wreski <dw...@guardiandigital.com>.
Hi,

>> Aren't these the same rules that are already present in the sanesecurity
>> clamav db?
>
> Sanesecurity does not distribute the MalwarePatrol blocklist, this
> signature file needs to be downloaded directly from their site.

Yes, maybe I wasn't clear. I meant that I thought the clamav version
that is downloaded from their site (ala clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh)
contains the same rules as this version that is downloaded for SA, correct?

Thanks again,
Dave

Re: SOLVED Re: malware.blocklist.cf : www.malware.com.br unavailable

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@inetmsg.com>.
On 8/9/2011 8:28 AM, Dave Wreski wrote:
> Hi,

>>> Finally found that they changed their name a few months ago, and finally
>>> they turned off the .com.br site.
>>>
>>> http://www.malwarepatrol.net/
>>>
>>> wget "http://www.malwarepatrol.net//cgi/submit?action=list_sa"
>
> Aren't these the same rules that are already present in the sanesecurity
> clamav db?

Sanesecurity does not distribute the MalwarePatrol blocklist, this
signature file needs to be downloaded directly from their site.

Bill

Re: SOLVED Re: malware.blocklist.cf : www.malware.com.br unavailable

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 11:28:40 -0400, Dave Wreski wrote:

> Aren't these the same rules that are already present in the
> sanesecurity clamav db?

clamav is a virus scanner, not #1 spam scanner, malwarepatrol makes
sigs for both

Re: SOLVED Re: malware.blocklist.cf : www.malware.com.br unavailable

Posted by Dave Wreski <dw...@guardiandigital.com>.
Hi,

>>>      I noticed that the site that provided the malware.blocklist.cf  has
>>> been unavailable since at least the 8th of August.
>>>
>>> URL for the file was on http://www.malware.com.br/cgi/submit?action=list_sa
>>>
>>> The FQDN no longer resolves to an address.  I have tried our local DNS,
>>> Level3 4.2.2.2 and Google 8.8.4.4. Its not there :(
>>>
>>> Does anyone know why they are unavailable?  (Or even, is the site
>>> available to you?)
>>>
>>> Regards, S
>> Finally found that they changed their name a few months ago, and finally
>> they turned off the .com.br site.
>>
>> http://www.malwarepatrol.net/
>>
>> wget "http://www.malwarepatrol.net//cgi/submit?action=list_sa"

Aren't these the same rules that are already present in the sanesecurity
clamav db?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: SOLVED Re: malware.blocklist.cf : www.malware.com.br unavailable

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
9.8.2011 11:54, J4K kirjoitti:
> On 08/09/2011 10:50 AM, J4K wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>     I noticed that the site that provided the malware.blocklist.cf  has
>> been unavailable since at least the 8th of August.
>>
>> URL for the file was on http://www.malware.com.br/cgi/submit?action=list_sa
>>
>> The FQDN no longer resolves to an address.  I have tried our local DNS,
>> Level3 4.2.2.2 and Google 8.8.4.4. Its not there :(
>>
>> Does anyone know why they are unavailable?  (Or even, is the site
>> available to you?)
>>
>> Regards, S
> Finally found that they changed their name a few months ago, and finally
> they turned off the .com.br site.
>
> http://www.malwarepatrol.net/
>
> wget "http://www.malwarepatrol.net//cgi/submit?action=list_sa"

Thanks for the Heads Up! :)

--

Q:	How many hardware engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
A:	None.  We'll fix it in software.

Q:	How many system programmers does it take to change a light bulb?
A:	None.  The application can work around it.

Q:	How many software engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
A:	None.  We'll document it in the manual.

Q:	How many tech writers does it take to change a light bulb?
A:	None.  The user can figure it out.

SOLVED Re: malware.blocklist.cf : www.malware.com.br unavailable

Posted by J4K <ju...@klunky.co.uk>.