Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com> on 2013/05/02 05:26:47 UTC

Re: Versions - Confusion

Hi Naidu,

(a) As Steve already mentioned, please do not ask user questions on
any of the *-dev lists as the list is only for project development and
contributors, not general Q/A.
(b) I've moved your question to user@hadoop.apache.org which is a
proper list for general Q/A.
(c) It is not a good thing to hijack another ongoing thread with your
question. Please always send a new email with an appropriate subject
for every new question. You can read more about etiquettes at

Onto your answers:

(1) This is a possibly known jps bug. It shouldn't be of any concern
though, as its also related to what you're doing on your environment.
Read http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6637230 and
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6602355.
(2) The 1.x versions were case-sensitive on asking Y or N. It will not
accept y the same as Y. This has been resolved in 2.x.

--
Harsh J