Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alexander Polovtcev <al...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/15 12:27:53 UTC

Ignite 3 Join Protocol

Hello, dear Igniters!

We've prepared an IEP
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-77%3A+Node+Join+Protocol+and+Initialization>
about how to assemble a cluster and add new nodes to it in Ignite 3. Please
note that some aspects are out of scope of this particular IEP (like the
procedure of a node leaving a cluster). Any feedback is appreciated.

--
With regards,
Aleksandr Polovtcev

Re: Ignite 3 Join Protocol

Posted by Alexander Polovtcev <al...@gmail.com>.
Anton,

I personally agree with you, but there has been a discussion
<https://lists.apache.org/thread/2d4djp433p5bl9k20v8d37m3wdf84bf6> and even
a vote <https://lists.apache.org/thread/7mosdrxw8l6l909hzhdl0qdjl1h7fgyn>,
where it has been decided not to create a separate project. Maybe we should
re-discuss this topic, but I consider that out of scope of this particular
thread.

--
With regards,
Aleksandr Polovtcev