Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Tridib Samanta <tr...@live.com> on 2014/11/01 07:48:17 UTC

RE: Enable caching in Drill

I tested with 1 million and 12 million file. but what I understood from earlier reply is that json files can't be split between worker while reading and simple calculation can't be faster because of that.

Re: Enable caching in Drill

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 11:48 PM, Tridib Samanta <tr...@live.com>
wrote:

> that json files can't be split between worker while reading and simple
> calculation can't be faster because of that.

Good point.  Only if the downstream is complicated will parallelism help.