Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dirk Olmes <di...@xanthippe.ping.de> on 2007/05/31 10:00:51 UTC

Not publishing source jars for certain modules?

Hi,

we have a complex maven2 build with lots of modules. Some of these
modules simply produce binary artifacts, e.g. RARs without having any
code themselves.

How do I disable creating and publishing source jars for these modules?

-dirk

--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Re: Not publishing source jars for certain modules?

Posted by Dirk Olmes <di...@xanthippe.ping.de>.
Dirk Olmes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have a complex maven2 build with lots of modules. Some of these
> modules simply produce binary artifacts, e.g. RARs without having any
> code themselves.
>
> How do I disable creating and publishing source jars for these modules?

In the wonderful tradition of answering to one's own emails here is the
solution for the record:

Configure the source plugin not to attach itself to the build like this:

<plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
    <configuration>
        <!-- Do not publish (empty) source jars -->
        <attach>false</attach>
    </configuration>
</plugin>

-dirk