Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Umutcan Şimşek <um...@mni.thm.de> on 2015/04/23 11:49:00 UTC

stanbol and semantic search

Hi,

I'm trying to implement semantic search for a CMS written in PHP that we
use in my university as a part of my master's thesis.

Ontonet seems to be a good solution for storing and reasoning on
instance and conceptual data. However, as far as I understand from
previous questions, ontonet does not provide a sparql endpoint.

This leaves me at a point where I need to decide if I should use Stanbol
only for semantic lifting and use another triple store provides sparql
endpoint. Another approach in my mind, retrieving ontologies from
ontonet temporarily to a reasoner and storing them back with inferred
triples, but I wonder if there is a simpler way that involves only
Stanbol components.

Is there a formal way to integrate external triple stores to Stanbol?
Could you suggest some other solution without an external triple store?

Regards

----

Umutcan Simsek, MSc Candidate
Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen, Giessen, Germany
Ege University, Izmir, Turkey

Re: stanbol and semantic search

Posted by Umutcan Şimşek <um...@mni.thm.de>.
(sorry, forgot to add the link to first email)

[1] https://stanbol.apache.org/docs/trunk/utils/commons-solr

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 5:23 PM, Umutcan Şimşek
<um...@mni.thm.de> wrote:
> Hi Rupert,
>
> In previous emails, you mentioned that having everything in one instance
> (triple store, enhancer and solr indexer) was a bad idea according to

In a single JVM to be more explicit. Running everything on a single
host (or maybe even a single Application Container such as Tomcat)
might still be ok. The point is that you use the RESTful service to
decouple Stanbol with the triplestore and the search index.

> experiences of LMF people. Is there any publication about this situation
> where the reasons are explained somehow. I would like to citate in my
> thesis.

ASAIK we have not published any paper mentioning this.

best
Rupert

Posted by Umutcan Şimşek <um...@mni.thm.de>.
Hi Rupert,