Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nani Jon <na...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/21 10:44:25 UTC

accessing ejbs deployed in jboss from tomcat/apache

Hi all:

I have been able to integrate jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3 with apache 2, mod_jk2.dll (on a win2k box). The static content is getting displayed correctly. The problem is that I am not able to access my EJBs using apache which talks to the jboss embeded tomcat. I can access my EJBs on port 8080 (the embeded tomcat) without any problems. Am I supposed to make a reference to my EJBs somewhere else as well? And where? There should be a way for the embeded tomcat when it receives a request from apache to talk to jboss. After all they are running in the same VM. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Nanijon.

RE: accessing ejbs deployed in jboss from tomcat/apache

Posted by Nani Jon <na...@yahoo.com>.
Ray:
Thanks for the reply. I actually solved the problem. I needed to make an entry in tomcat4-services.xml located in jboss_tomcat/server/default/deploy directory:
               acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

BTW: This is the same entry in the server.xml file which is used by embeded tomcat, located at jboss_tomcat/catalina level. Everything is working fine. I can access all of my EJBs deployed to the /server/default/deploy directoy. There are not really any good HOW-TOs in this area. I hope someone with a better level of knowledge than me will do this. I will try one and post it, time permitting.
Cheers,
Nanijon
 Ray Madigan wrote:are you connecting to your beans through RMI or some other mechanism. I am
implementing a simular situation using apache2 -> mod_jk2 -> tomcat ->
jonas. I have to tell java through setProperties where to locate the rmi
registry. if this doesn't help you will have to send more information
- like what error messages do you get?

Thanks