Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by st...@colinx.com on 2002/08/22 21:10:56 UTC

Redirecting all requests to SSL port on same webserver

I'm trying to  redirect all requests to a webserver through SSL. If I add
the following lines to my httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost _default_>
     Redirect / https://myserver:8443
</VirtualHost>

It will redirect the Document Root directory, but any Aliased directories
will return

"The page you are looking for is currently unavailable", so on and so
forth.

If I add Redirect lines for aliased directories to the Virtual Host entry,
it just ignores them, and gives me the same message (while logging nothing
to the error log). If I add the Redirect line shown above to the main
configuration, it gets into a loop of trying to load it through the secure
port.

Any suggestions? I'm trying to make this as transparent as possible to the
users, because if I give them a new url to use to access this stuff,
they'll forget (relatively quickly) to use it. Thanks.

Stephen