Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Jennifer R. Lee" <JL...@inspireworksinc.com> on 2006/06/26 23:31:22 UTC

Passing a file of http requests

Hi All - I am trying to pass a file containing all the paths for my URLs to a Jmeter test case. I setup a variable;

Name: URL
User_1:  ${_StringFromFile(tutorials2.dat)}

Then I created an HTTP request sample, with my server name and path as ${URL}. This works except for some reason a '%20' seems to be added to the end of all the URLs.

For example, in the dat file I have;

/Tutorials/tutorial.xml
/Tutorials/sounds.xml

But what I see in the results tree is:

GET https://www.mysite.com/Tutorials/tutorial.xml%20 <https://www.mysite.com/Tutorials/tutorial.xml%20>
GET http://www.mysite.com/Tutorials/sounds.xml%20 <http://web.inspireworksinc.com/Tutorials/KM_Colors_tut/sounds.xml%20>

I am trying to figure out where the %20 is coming from, its not in the dat file as far as I can tell? And the request is failing with the %20 on there.

Maybe I cannot do this? It would be great if I could pass the URLs in a text file(and not an access log which is not distinct to me) as I am hitting a production server and I only want to simulate what I have done, which is easily captured thru the Fiddler tool. I see I could use an http proxy to perhaps capture the results, but since I already had everything in a text file, I would prefer to go that route if possible.

I have not used Jmeter in awhile, so maybe I am missing how to do this properly.

Thank You!

Jennifer Lee

Re: Passing a file of http requests

Posted by Ch...@labware.com.
Hi Jennifer,

You can try "Send a File With the Request" option for HTTP request. As you
mentioned, put all the content in a text file. Then browse the filename in
"Filename" textbox. Next enter your parameter name in the next fiels. Put
"text/plain" in MIME Type textbox.

Hope this helps.

Chinmoy

"Jennifer R. Lee" <JL...@inspireworksinc.com>