Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Henrik Steffen <st...@topconcepts.de> on 2004/10/20 14:09:13 UTC

modperl 2.0 404 custom error document

hello all,

what I want to do, is to send a custom error-document
from a modperl-registry script to the user while 404
error status is issued.

example: a script called /path/to/test.pl is
accessed by a client using a parameter such as
/path/to/test.pl?invalidparameter=1

In this case, I want to send 404 so that search
engines and others won't index the page, however,
if there's a human user, he should see a custom
error message.

I managed this in modperl 1.0 before by sending

HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

my custom error page

In modperl 2.0 I so far only succeded in doing:

my $r=shift;
$r->status(404);

which delivers the default "Not found" page,
but is there any way to send a custom page instead
(without using ErrorDocument in httpd.conf).

Any help is appreciated,

Thank you,

--

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Henrik Steffen
Geschäftsführer

top concepts Internetmarketing GmbH
Am Steinkamp 7 - D-21684 Stade - Germany
http://www.topconcepts.de       Tel. +49 1805 9977 501*
mail: steffen@topconcepts.de    Fax. +49 1805 9977 502*
SMS Versand ab 9.9 Cent: http://sms-gw.topconcepts.de
Handelsregister: AG Stade HRB 5811 - UstId: DE 213645563