Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Martin <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/06/12 19:14:53 UTC

Container Runtime

Hi Olivier,

since changing the servlet version to 3.1 the tomcat7, that is started via
t7.sh, does not work anymore.
We have to switch either to tomcat 8.5 or use jetty.
For the javascript integration tests I switched the maven pom to jetty and it
works fine.
As I see the standalone application is using jetty too. So may we get rid of
the tomcat dependencies and use jetty for all tasks, or are there important
parts where tomcat is needed?

Cheers

Martin

Re: Container Runtime

Posted by Martin <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

thanks. Works like a charm!

Cheers

Martin

Re: Container Runtime

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi
All done now.
Please try it :-)
Cheers
Olivier

On 16 June 2017 at 16:44, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi
> I have pushed the job in the branch feature/maven_jetty_plugin.
> Currently it depends on a pr on jetty https://github.com/
> eclipse/jetty.project/pull/1624
>
> Olivier
>
> On 13 June 2017 at 21:12, Martin <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Great, your wish is my command ;-)
>> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRM-1952
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> Am Dienstag, 13. Juni 2017, 13:04:03 CEST schrieb Olivier Lamy:
>> > definitely create a jira for jetty maven plugin and I will work on it.

>> from
>> this
>> you

>> started
>> jetty
>> get rid

> --
> Olivier Lamy

Olivier Lamy

Re: Container Runtime

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi

Re: Container Runtime

Posted by Martin <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Container Runtime

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
definitely create a jira for jetty maven plugin and I will work on it.

On 13 June 2017 at 17:04, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> Definitely you can remove tomcat.
> The only missing feature is the possibility to use compile classes from
> reactor rather than having to install all jars (but I can implement this
> with jetty :-) )
> We can remove tomcat-jdbc as well maybe for HikariCP? I can do it if you
> need help.
>

> On 13 June 2017 at 05:14, Martin <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Olivier,
>>
>> since changing the servlet version to 3.1 the tomcat7, that is started via
>> t7.sh, does not work anymore.
>> We have to switch either to tomcat 8.5 or use jetty.
>> For the javascript integration tests I switched the maven pom to jetty
>> and it
>> works fine.
>> As I see the standalone application is using jetty too. So may we get rid
>> of
>> the tomcat dependencies and use jetty for all tasks, or are there
>> important
>> parts where tomcat is needed?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Martin