Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/08/25 16:58:49 UTC

[VOTE] Publish log4j-1.2.15_rc6, extras-1.0_rc5 and staged website

This is a vote on publishing the following artifacts as log4j 1.2.15
and log4j-extras 1.0:

http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/log4j/1.2.15/apache-
log4j-1.2.15_rc6.tar.gz (also .zip)

http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/log4j/companions/extras/1.0/
apache-log4j-extras-1.0_rc5.tar.gz (also .zip)

In addition, updating http://logging.apache.org with the content now
currently staged at:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/trunk/docs/index.html

The central Maven repository would be updated with the appropriate
files from http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo.

A simultaneous PMC and log4j-dev vote for the log4j releases will be
held on log4j-dev and will be open for at least 72 hours.  At least 3
+1 votes from PMC members are required to proceed with the release,
but comments and votes from other parties are desired.

Here is my +1 to get things started.

Re: [VOTE] Publish log4j-1.2.15_rc6, extras-1.0_rc5 and staged website

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
I haven't had a chance to kick the tires, but I've followed the
development.   As such, I'll give a +0.  I'm guessing that you'll get
the two other votes required from the more active developers who will
also know better whether this release candidate deserves a full release.

Are the Gump failures anything to be worried about?  Seems like they
are just FileWatchdog issues that pass on local systems but don't
seem to work with Gump, right?

Jake

Posted by Scott Deboy <sd...@comotivsystems.com>.
It doesn't look like you can add images to anchors in apt.  The goal would be to assign an image tag to the Java Web Start anchor that looks the same as it does on the current chainsaw page.

Maybe by using xdoc?  It's a bit beyond my maven expertise to mess with it, if you have time I'd appreciate it..

Here's the image source URL:
http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/sightings/images/webstart.small.jpg

Thanks

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201

Telephone:      503.224.7496
Cell:           503.997.1367
Fax:            503.222.0185

sdeboy@comotivsystems.com

www.comotivsystems.com

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Scott Deboy <sd...@comotivsystems.com>.
+1

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.
On 28/08/2007, at 12:23 PM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> On Aug 27, 2007, at 2:48 PM, Paul Smith wrote:
>
>> http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/logging-log4j/logging-log4j-
>> tests/index.html
>>
>> So that's log4j 1.3 testing?  If so, we should cancel that gump
>> run given 1.3 is abandoned.
>>
>> if this is the case, then I'm +1
>>

> It is log4j 1.3 and I'm not sure why it is continuing to run, I had
> removed it from the profile/gump.xml which I thought should have
> removed it from the nightly gump run.  I've now deleted the project
> definition and we will see if that puts a stake into its heart.  If
> not, I'll ask general@gump to try to kill it.
>
> The run that is failing is clearly log4j 1.3.  http://
> vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/logging-log4j/ shows that the SVN
> directory is log4j/branches/BRANCH_1_3_ABANDONED.  The test that is
> failing (FileWatchdogTestCase) does not exist in log4j 1.2 and the
> build run also has joran.InterpreterTest and many other log4j 1.3isms.

Ok, then I'm +1 for 1.2.15 and extras 1.0.  Lets roll!  thx Curt. We
can sort out the gump problem any time.

Paul

Re: [VOTE] Publish log4j-1.2.15_rc6, extras-1.0_rc5 and staged website

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.

On 28/08/2007, at 3:08 AM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2007, at 11:47 PM, Paul Smith wrote:
>
>> what do we do about the current Gump run failures?  Seems to be
>> consistently happening.  Anyone know why?  If it wasn't for that
>> I'd say +1, but I feel uncomfortable giving that without some idea
>> as to why it's suddenly started failing.
>>
>> thoughts?
>>
>> Paul
>>

> The Gump run failures (logging-log4j-tests) are on the log4j 1.3
> branch and have been intermittently failing for well over a year.
> Mark Womack added trace statements to find where the problem was in
> the scheduler code, but could never identify the problem that was
> occurring.  I've toyed with dropping log4j 1.3 from Gump
> altogether, but could just remove the scheduler test.
>
> The log4j 1.2 tests have successfully run by Gump 8 times since I
> fixed a dependency issue that I added when adding a new
> SMTPAppender test and I'm aware no problem with it at this time.

Paul Smith
Core Engineering Manager

Aconex
The easy way to save time and money on your project

696 Bourke Street, Melbourne,
VIC 3000, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9240 0200  Fax: +61 3 9240 0299
Email: psmith@aconex.com  www.aconex.com

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee.
The contents may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to
copyright or other applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is
lost by an erroneous transmission. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please let us know by reply e-mail and delete or destroy
this mail and all copies. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in
reliance on it. The sender takes no responsibility for the effect of
this message upon the recipient's computer system.

Re: [VOTE] Publish log4j-1.2.15_rc6, extras-1.0_rc5 and staged website

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.