Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Jim Cobban <jc...@magma.ca> on 2002/12/12 05:38:50 UTC

Crash in HSSF

HSSF is crashing trying to read some of my Excel spreadsheets.  This is with
jakarta-poi-1.5.1-final-20020615.jar.  I guess I am just going to have to
download all of the source.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
 at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:366)
 at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:447)
 at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.HeaderRecord.fillFields(HeaderRecord.java:121)
 at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.Record.fillFields(Record.java:142)
 at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.Record.<init>(Record.java:104)
 at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.HeaderRecord.<init>(HeaderRecord.java:91)
 at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native Method)
 at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecord(RecordFactory.java:246
 at
org.apache.poi.hssf.eventmodel.HSSFEventFactory.processEvents(HSSFEventFacto
ry.java:141)

Jim Cobban   jcobban@magma.ca
34 Palomino Dr.
Kanata, ON, CANADA
K2M 1M1
+1-613-592-9438

Re: Crash in HSSF

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
I'd guess you have it open somewhere already.  I used to have to close
JBuilder and do this.

You can just put the class higher in the classpath.

Re: Crash in HSSF