Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Matt Benson <mb...@apache.org> on 2022/02/04 18:07:17 UTC

Antlib test classpath

I am working on a new antlib (discussed a couple of years ago on list), and
trying to figure out how to get antunit to run tests using Ivy's created
classpath.test from the common build framework. I have tried combinations
of the (hidden) classloader task with antunit references, etc., so far to
no avail. Does anyone (Stefan?) have any basic suggestions I can try?

Matt

Re: Antlib test classpath

Posted by Gintautas Grigelionis <g....@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 5 Feb 2022 at 08:19, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> I must admit that I never tried to use things with Ivy at all. When I
> run tests I do so with several -lib arguments (and always need to figure
> out what is required as I don't do it often enough).
>
> If you figured things out it would probably be a good idea to update the
> common build structure as needed.

The basic structure for using Ivy with different tasks is set in Ant's
check.xml
Watch out for Ant plugins that forget to put ant dependency in optional
(aka "compile only") scope when using POMs, though.

Gintas

Re: Antlib test classpath

Posted by Matt Benson <mb...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Feb 5, 2022, 1:19 AM Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2022-02-04, Matt Benson wrote:
>
> > I am working on a new antlib (discussed a couple of years ago on list),
> and
> > trying to figure out how to get antunit to run tests using Ivy's created
> > classpath.test from the common build framework. I have tried combinations
> > of the (hidden) classloader task with antunit references, etc., so far to
> > no avail. Does anyone (Stefan?) have any basic suggestions I can try?
>
> I must admit that I never tried to use things with Ivy at all. When I
> run tests I do so with several -lib arguments (and always need to figure
> out what is required as I don't do it often enough).
>
> If you figured things out it would probably be a good idea to update the
> common build structure as needed.
>

> Well

The changes I have made today to Ant core and Antunit will allow us, after
the next release of each, to boilerplate the classpath setup for running
Antunit tests in antlibs using [future modifications to] the common build
structure.

Matt

Stefan

Re: Antlib test classpath

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: Antlib test classpath

Posted by Matt Benson <mb...@apache.org>.
Looks like I got it sorted by passing a path reference to Antunit and
executing typedef there.

Matt