Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Weisberg <mw...@novell.com> on 2001/12/09 07:19:02 UTC

Problem JNI in process adapter

Hello,
I was testing Novell Portal servers running under Tomcat 3.3 and IIS5.
I decided to switch to the in-process adapter using JNI as opposed to
the out of process method.  Most everything seemed to work fine, except
I receive the following error with one of our servlets:

-----
Error:
http://npsdev.bdo.com/nps/portal/gadgets/com.novell.nps.authentication.Authenticator/skins/bdo/devices/default/main.xsl
(161): <input>: result handler error: java.io.IOException: JNI
startReasponse implementation error
Error:   com.novell.xsl.result.ResultException: java.io.IOException:
JNI implementation error
2001-12-07 15:05:52 - Ctx(/nps) : IOException in R( /nps +
/servlet/portal + null) - java.io.IOException: JNI implementation error
 at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.JNIResponseAdapter.doWrite(Unknown
Source)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.OutputBuffer.flush(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.OutputBuffer.close(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.Response.finish(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown Source)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.JNIConnectionHandler.processConnection(Unknown
Source)
 at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.JNIEndpoint.service(Unknown
Source)
------

If I don't use the JNI in-process adapter this works fine, which makes
me tend to believe it could be a problem with this.  This code prompts
the user to select a file from their local system (which is a zip file
basically) which then gets extracted and installed on the server on
which the servlet is running.

I'm not sure if this is where the issue is, but I thought I would bring
it to your attention.  Any insight you can provide on this would be
appreciated.  Thanks!

Matt

------
Matt Weisberg