Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by urciolo <Ke...@ngc.com> on 2011/03/18 21:34:11 UTC

Failover with SSL Does Not Reconnect Properly

We are using ActiveMQ 5.4.1.  It seems when using SSL to connect to a remote
broker (while having a non-SSl local broker), reconnections always go to
localhost and not the remote broker.  This is only the case with the SSL
transport.  The TCP transport seems to work correctly.

One thing I noticed is the
FailoverTransport.processNewTransports(control.isRebalanceConnection(),
control.getConnectedBrokers()) has control.getConnectedBrokers() returning
localhost, when I am guessing it should be the remote broker.  This causes a
new URL to be generated to localhost and added to the list, which then
causes a connect to be made to this new URL.

Any idea what is wrong?

Stack Trace Below:
------------------
	FailoverTransport.add(boolean, URI[]) line: 625
	FailoverTransport.updateURIs(boolean, URI[]) line: 1068
	FailoverTransport.processNewTransports(boolean, String) line: 288
	FailoverTransport.handleConnectionControl(ConnectionControl) line: 268
	FailoverTransport$3.onCommand(Object) line: 180
	WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand(Object) line: 113
	InactivityMonitor.onCommand(Object) line: 217
	SslTransport(TransportSupport).doConsume(Object) line: 83
	SslTransport.doConsume(Object) line: 91
	SslTransport(TcpTransport).doRun() line: 219
	SslTransport(TcpTransport).run() line: 201
	Thread.run() line: 662

Re: Failover with SSL Does Not Reconnect Properly

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

can you create a test case and open a Jira for this?

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac