Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "B.J. Reed" <bj...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/03 15:42:31 UTC

Extensible Administration Console

I am trying to go through the wiki Extensible Administration Console
page
(http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Extensible+Administration+Console)
to make some updates and make sure all the steps still work for 2.1, but
seem to have hit a known problem.

I have installed the 2.1 minimal version and am trying to install the
admin console from the online plugin catalog.  When running the gsh
deploy/list-plugins -r .... command, I get the following error:
Installation FAILED: Could not find
org.apache.pluto/pluto-portal-driver/1.2.0-G601060/jar in any repo.

The wiki page has a note "There may be a dependency issue with Pluto..."
so it looks like this is a known issue, but I didn't find anything in
the list of JIRAs (I may have missed it).  Is there a workaround for
this? or is someone looking into this problem?

Thanks in advance,
--B.J.

Re: Extensible Administration Console

Posted by "B.J. Reed" <bj...@gmail.com>.
Joe Bohn wrote:
> B.J. Reed wrote:
>> I am trying to go through the wiki Extensible Administration Console
>> page
>> (http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Extensible+Administration+Console)
>> to make some updates and make sure all the steps still work for 2.1,
>> but seem to have hit a known problem.
>>
>> I have installed the 2.1 minimal version and am trying to install the
>> admin console from the online plugin catalog.  When running the gsh
>> deploy/list-plugins -r .... command, I get the following error:
>> Installation FAILED: Could not find
>> org.apache.pluto/pluto-portal-driver/1.2.0-G601060/jar in any repo.
>>
>> The wiki page has a note "There may be a dependency issue with
>> Pluto..." so it looks like this is a known issue, but I didn't find
>> anything in the list of JIRAs (I may have missed it).  Is there a
>> workaround for this? or is someone looking into this problem?
>
> Hi B.J.,
>
> Thanks for doing this.
>
> I can see why this would be a problem but I did not find any open JIRA
> for it either.  Can you create one?
>
> The problem is one that we have in other places as well.  We have
> private versions of several components (pluto among them).  These are
> only found in our svn repository and retrieved from there when we
> perform a Geronimo build.  However, the artifacts are not in a public
> repository to be downloaded if other components require them (such as
> when we are attempting to resolve the transitive dependencies when
> installing the console).
>
> I guess to fix this we will need to do something (not sure what) to
> get the our private pluto jars bundled with the appropriate plugin so
> that they could be installed in the server together.
>
> Joe

Thanks Joe, I have created JIRA GERONIMO-4097 to track this further.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.