Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Rajkumar, Joseph" <ra...@orionsci.com> on 2001/03/23 17:26:44 UTC

Unicode Translation

Hi Folks

    I have had this problem and one other person in this mailing list.
I am using the latest dev-version of cocoon which has Xerces-1.2.3
and Xalan-1.2.2.

    When I use a unicode value like &#8224; in the xml file, then
I get &dagger; when I view the html page. I had this problem with
Cocoon-1.8 and was told to update to newer versions. So I updated
from Cocoon-1.8 to Cocoon-1.8.1 then to Cocoon-1.8.2 and then
to the latest (dated 3/22/2001) version which uses the latest
Xalan-1.2.2.

   I am still having the same problem. The browser I am using is
Netscape-4.75. Surprisingly this does not happen on IE, which shows the
correct dagger symbol, but Netscape-4.75 shows me the string "&dagger;"
instead of the symbol for dagger.

   Please let me know if this is a problem with
Cocoon/Xerces/Xalan/Netscape-4.75.
My Options changing the browser is limited.

Regards
Joseph Rajkumar

PS: If I should be asking this on the mailing-list, please let me and I
can ask the
right-one.