Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Ben Peter <bp...@zentropypartners.com> on 2002/04/04 08:22:58 UTC

scarab - am I missing something?

Hi,

I posted the following message to turbine-dev five days ago but have not
received any answer. I do not know wheter this is because it doesn't belong in
that mailing list or because my questions are so obviously stupid.

I try again here:

All,

I am playing aroung with torque 3.0-b1, and have found several things that at
least are not in-sync with the docs.

As I try not to unnerve busy people (that are even busy writing software that I
like quite a lot), I was going to check whether the issues I found are covered
in issue tracking already.

As I understand, the scarab setup on nagoya:8080 is the issue tracker currently
in use, but I found it rather confusing:

- there seem to be no issues reported against torque at all,
- it seems that issues cannot be reported against a
   named version / branch (only by naming it in the description)
- the functional area attribute lists `UI', `Setup', and `Help'
   as possibilities, which do not seem to fit for torque

So, is there a good way of giving you information on items in torque (or other
turbine subprojects) that I have found do not work for me without bugging you
with things you already know, or that have been fixed in development versions,
or ...

Cheers,
Ben

--
Benjamin Peter                                          +49-69-96244395
Application Engineer                             Moerfelder Landstr. 55

turbine vs tapestry

Posted by Gerardo Ramirez <ge...@yahoo.com.mx>.
Has anyone evaluated the advantages/disadvantages of using tapestry instead
of turbine ?

Thanks

Gerardo

Re: scarab - am I missing something?

Posted by Pete Kazmier <pe...@kazmier.com>.
On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 08:22:58AM +0200, Ben Peter wrote:
> - there seem to be no issues reported against torque at all,

Thats how good the software really is :-)

> - it seems that issues cannot be reported against a
>   named version / branch (only by naming it in the description)
> - the functional area attribute lists `UI', `Setup', and `Help'
>   as possibilities, which do not seem to fit for torque

The Scarab setup is brand new and it hasn't been fully configured yet.
In the meantime, you can search for existing Torque bugs in the old
issue-tracker (link is on the main Jakarta page):

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/query.cgi

If you can't find what you are looking for there, please search the
mailing-list archives, and if that fails, please send mail to the new
Torque mailing lists which can be found on the Torque page:

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque/mail-lists.html

These were created in the past few days, so when you search the
mailing-list archives, you'll probably want to search the turbine lists.

Thanks!
Pete

Re: scarab - am I missing something?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
John McNally <jm...@collab.net> writes:

> Scarab has just recently been installed and old bugs have not been
> ported yet.  (Jason asked me to go through and close any old issues, but
> I have not done that, the bugzilla->scarab import is still being worked
> on as well.

There's few enough bugs that cutting and pasting between Bugzilla and
Scarab would be faster than using the import tool (even if it were
already done).

Re: scarab - am I missing something?

Posted by Ben Peter <bp...@zentropypartners.com>.
John and Pete,

thanks for your answers, I'm clearer on that now.

I'll try to investigate about what I have now and put that into BugZilla.

Cheers,
Ben

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
Ben Peter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I posted the following message to turbine-dev five days ago but have not
> received any answer. I do not know wheter this is because it doesn't belong in
> that mailing list or because my questions are so obviously stupid.
>
> I try again here:
>
> All,
>
> I am playing aroung with torque 3.0-b1, and have found several things that at
> least are not in-sync with the docs.
>
> As I try not to unnerve busy people (that are even busy writing software that I
> like quite a lot), I was going to check whether the issues I found are covered
> in issue tracking already.
>
> As I understand, the scarab setup on nagoya:8080 is the issue tracker currently
> in use, but I found it rather confusing:
>
> - there seem to be no issues reported against torque at all,

Scarab has just recently been installed and old bugs have not been
ported yet.  (Jason asked me to go through and close any old issues, but
I have not done that, the bugzilla->scarab import is still being worked
on as well.

> - it seems that issues cannot be reported against a
>    named version / branch (only by naming it in the description)

These attributes have not been added yet.  Feel free to include in the
description.

> - the functional area attribute lists `UI', `Setup', and `Help'
>    as possibilities, which do not seem to fit for torque

Again, the default attributes are still pretty much in place.  Ignore
any that seem irrelevant.

john mcnally