Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Guido Medina <gu...@temetra.com> on 2014/09/05 10:42:49 UTC

SolrJ 4.10.0 errors

Hi,

I have upgraded to from Solr 4.9 to 4.10 and the server side seems fine
but the client is reporting the following exception:

org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: IOException occured
when talking to server at: solr_host.somedomain
         at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.executeMethod(HttpSolrServer.java:562)
         at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:210)
         at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:206)
         at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(AbstractUpdateRequest.java:124)
         at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:68)
         at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:54)
         at ... (company's related packages)
Caused by: org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException: solr_host.somedomain
failed to respond
         at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpResponseParser.parseHead(DefaultHttpResponseParser.java:143)
         at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpResponseParser.parseHead(DefaultHttpResponseParser.java:57)
         at
org.apache.http.impl.io.AbstractMessageParser.parse(AbstractMessageParser.java:260)
         at
org.apache.http.impl.DefaultBHttpClientConnection.receiveResponseHeader(DefaultBHttpClientConnection.java:161)
         at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.CPoolProxy.receiveResponseHeader(CPoolProxy.java:153)
         at
org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.doReceiveResponse(HttpRequestExecutor.java:271)
         at
org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.execute(HttpRequestExecutor.java:123)
         at
org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.execute(MainClientExec.java:254)
         at
org.apache.http.impl.execchain.ProtocolExec.execute(ProtocolExec.java:195)
         at
org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RetryExec.execute(RetryExec.java:86)
         at
org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RedirectExec.execute(RedirectExec.java:108)
         at
org.apache.http.impl.client.InternalHttpClient.doExecute(InternalHttpClient.java:184)
         at
org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:82)
         at
org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:106)
         at
org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:57)
         at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.executeMethod(HttpSolrServer.java:448)
         ... 9 more

To test I downgraded the client to 4.9 and the error is gone.

Best regards,

Guido.

Re: SolrJ 4.10.0 errors

Posted by Guido Medina <gu...@temetra.com>.
Hi Shawn,

I try to fix the problem with original jars and now just discovered it
happens only with SolrJ client when doing a soft commit with the
following method call signature:

    solr.commit(false, false, true);

Where solr is an HttpSolrServer initialized at the beginning of the
application, the only way to make the error go away is by downgrading to
the SolrJ client to 4.9.0

Hope that helps,

Guido.

Re: SolrJ 4.10.0 errors

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.

Re: SolrJ 4.10.0 errors

Posted by Guido Medina <gu...@temetra.com>.
Sorry I didn't give enough information so I'm adding to it, the SolrJ
client is on our webapp and the documents are getting indexed properly
into Solr, the only problem we are seeing is that with SolrJ 4.10 once
Solr server response comes back it seems like SolrJ client doesn't know
what to with such response and reports the exception I mentioned, I then
downgraded the SolrJ client to 4.9 and the exception is now gone, I'm
using the following relevant libraries:

Java 7u67 64 bits at both webapp client side side and Jetty's
HTTP client/mine 4.3.5
HTTP core 4.3.2

Here is a list of my Solr war modified lib folder, I usually don't stay
with the standard jars because I believe most of them are out of date if
you are running a JDK 7u55+:

    antlr-runtime-3.5.jar
    asm-4.2.jar
    asm-commons-4.2.jar