Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Rani Ahmed <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/03 10:18:02 UTC

Announcement: Rivet Tutorials on YouTube are unlocked now.

Dear Tcl/Rivet fans,

Rivet Tutorials on YouTube are unlocked now on my channel. See the
following playlists:

This one explained in English.
Tcl/Rivet Server Side Scripting Tutorials (English Version)
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfeqUsNRK0w&list=PLsAEIIjTPIo9YxfvYeAPfRHyj9d3pxazL>

AND in Arabic:
Tcl/Rivet Web Server Side Scripting Tutorials (Arabic Version)
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjGPNNs0X8o&list=PLsAEIIjTPIo8MKbN3EdKpyoPVWcFKImhY>

And to our colleague Massimo I say thanks. Also if there are updates I must
talk about and add them to both playlists, please highlight them to me.

Re: Announcement: Rivet Tutorials on YouTube are unlocked now.

Posted by Rani Ahmed <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello Rob. Thanks for your feedback.

My only goal in this course of tutorials is to teach how to make a website
using Rivet. I actually just use Rivet because I like Tcl . As far as I
remember, I recorded the videos without any hint to any other language.

Regarding the Introduction video, it's about how a dynamic website runs and
works. And in my opinion, I think this has to be explained before going
into Rivet details.

On 3 Feb 2018 1:15 PM, "Rob Maris" <ro...@maris-ee.eu> wrote:

Hi Ahmed,

I watched the introduction, and towards its end I saw that you made an
impressive job with thirteen(!) tutorial chapters.
This is just a short first impression, since I watched only the majority
part of the introduction now.

What I'm missing here is: an appetizer. What I mean is this: The
introduction extensively explains some usable knowledge about doing queries
from the clients URL input line via the webserver, targeting a database. At
this time - actually - no one sees and hears why he should watch the
subsequent videos!
Please try to answer this question first to yourself - imagining you're
unknown with the specific pros of using Rivet and even not using PHP or
whatever stuff is around there. The question is of relevance specifically
because most of the hosting services don't provide the opportunity to
install Rivet (as far as I know about it - I have been using it on a
Linux-based Vserver).

Regards,
Rob

--
Dem Ingeniör ist nichts zu schwör (außer bei Force Majör)

Re: Announcement: Rivet Tutorials on YouTube are unlocked now.

Posted by Rob Maris <ro...@maris-ee.eu>.
Hi Ahmed,