Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jesse Zimmerman <je...@ejwebhosting.com> on 2003/05/09 21:32:36 UTC

[users@httpd] 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Hello -
    I am having a problem with on of the virtual hosts I am hosting an Apache server 2.0. The site was working fine until today when I am receiving a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable Error 'The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.' when I goto http://heart-start.com . I read up on the error a little and it seems like apache is blocking the sites access because it is using too much of its share of the processor or something like that. The site itself is a JSP site which uses MySQL so that may be the case if it is heavily trafficed. My quesiton is how do I stop Apache from denying requests. I want to disable whatever part of apache is doing this. Thanks for any help.

Jesse Zimmerman
EJWebHosting.com
(302) 235 - 7146
jesse@ejwebhosting.com

Re: [users@httpd] 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Posted by Jesse Zimmerman <je...@ejwebhosting.com>.
Nothing in the error log really, the only errors are just for 'File does not
exist'. The only Multi Processing Modules I am using are the default ones
that Apache came install with, havent added or uncommented any I don't
believe.

Thanks
Jesse

Posted by Joel Parramore <pa...@homes.com>.