Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com> on 2003/07/23 14:58:19 UTC

[Tapestry] Place to start

I'm relatively new to actually using Tapestry, but have been following it from its sf
migration into jakarta and would like to see if I can help out. Until I actually know
more about the 'inner workings', I wouldn't dare tread there - but I do notice that
there's an inconsistency between the 'to-do' and issues in IZ. My first thought was to
look at making it easier for new users to install and work with Tapestry - be it the 'bin'
or 'src' or even 'cvs' versions. There's mention in the to-do about making it 'maven
friendly', and there are inconsistencies in the examples with regard to, most notably,
package references and RequestCycleException.

Without stepping on any toes, are these issues that are open to be looked at? I saw
nothing in IZ (so no way to know if these have been assigned) and didn't want to
presume anything without asking.

Let me know if I can help.

Brian