Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2001/12/10 21:23:00 UTC

perl-framework w/ 3P modules

I'm trying to run some SSL tests using IBM's SSL module
instead of mod_ssl, and I seem to be running into some
assumptions somewhere.

IBM's LoadModule line for this looks like:

  LoadModule ibm_ssl_module  modules/mod_ibm_ssl.so

so I use

  perl Makefile.PL -ssl_module_name mod_ibm_ssl

Unfortunately, the *.conf[.in] files have sections for
'<IfModule @ssl_module_name@>', but they enclose directives
which are specific to mod_ssl and don't work with IBM's
SSL module.

I can add an explicit '<IfModule mod_ibm_ssl.c>', but
that's not going to keep the existing <IfModule @ssl_module_name@>
sections from triggering and keeping the server from running..

I'm inclined to think the <IfModule @ssl_module_name@> sections
should be modified to explicitly name mod_ssl.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
--
#ken	P-)}

Re: perl-framework w/ 3P modules

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> What's the point of -ssl_module_name, then, if it means only
> mod_ssl?

i use it for covalent_ssl which supports the same directives as mod_ssl.
i imagine there are others (RedHat?) that can make use of this as well.
we could also extend it to do what you need, but without changing ssl.conf
back to hardcoded <IfModule mod_ssl.c>

Re: perl-framework w/ 3P modules

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> -ssl_module_name assumes mod_ssl directives are supported.

What's the point of -ssl_module_name, then, if it means only
mod_ssl?

> will any of the t/ssl/*t. pass with the ibm ssl module?

No.

> if you just need t/TEST -ssl to work (all client requests
> over ssl), we should come up with something else.

And maybe rename t/ssl/* to t/modules/ssl_*, or to t/mod_ssl/*.

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

-ssl_module_name assumes mod_ssl directives are supported.  will any
of the t/ssl/*t. pass with the ibm ssl module?  they all assume mod_ssl
directives and then some (e.g. varlookup triggers a call to an optional
function).