Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "Owens, Steve" <St...@disney.com> on 2013/01/24 19:17:04 UTC

Quetion on API method

Hello all,  I have done my best to read the manual but I can't seem to find any decent documentation on the API method TSContDataSet.

In particular, how often do we need to call this method in a plugin?

Can we allocate data and set it to the continuation once and thereafter modify mebers of the structure?

OR do we need to call it each time we modify a member of the structure set by this method so that when the continuation gets reactivated the changes appear in subsequent invocations?

Re: Quetion on API method

Posted by "Owens, Steve" <St...@disney.com>.
Thank you.  This is most helpful.

From: Brian Geffon <br...@apache.org>>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:34:15 -0800
To: "users@trafficserver.apache.org<ma...@trafficserver.apache.org>" <us...@trafficserver.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Quetion on API method

You only need to call TSContDataSet once. Once the void* has been set it will remain set for the life of the transaction, you can then use TSContDataGet and cast it back to the type of your structure.

Brian

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Igor Homyakov <ho...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi Steve

I would recomend you to have a look at  legacy SDK documentation http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/v2/sdk/INKContDataSet.html