Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anthony Bull <an...@bcsoft.co.nz> on 2007/08/15 02:16:54 UTC

Independent Log4j logging in Axis 2 services

Hi, has anyone managed to get multiple services running under the same
axis2 instance to use independent log4j configurations?

I have two services, and am configuring log4j via log4j.properties files
in each service - however, the first service starts logging to the log
file for the second service as soon as the second service has been loaded.

cheers,
Ants.

--
Anthony
-------------------------------------

anthony.bull@bcsoft.co.nz
Ph  +64 4 472 8818
Fax +64 4 472 8811
Mobile 021 303 692
-------------------------------------
www.bcsoft.co.nz
This email may contain confidential or privileged information,
and is intended for use only by the addressee, or addressees.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender
immediately and do not copy, use or disclose the contents to
any other person or organisation.
Black Coffee Software Ltd accepts no responsibility for viruses
received with this email, or to any changes made to the original
content. Any views or opinions expressed in this email may be
personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Black
Coffee Software Ltd.

RE: Independent Log4j logging in Axis 2 services

Posted by Mi...@servicecanada.gc.ca.
You could configure a different appender for each service:

# The default:
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, console

# service1 logs to logfile1
log4j.logger.nz.co.bcsoft.service1=debug,logfile1

# service2 logs to logfile2
log4j.logger.nz.co.bcsoft.service2=debug,logfile2

log4j.appender.console=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.console.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.console.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%c] - %m%n

# logfile1 and logfile2 have different file names:

log4j.appender.logfile1=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.logfile1.File=data-hub-auth-service1.log
log4j.appender.logfile1.MaxFileSize=20000KB
log4j.appender.logfile1.MaxBackupIndex=3
log4j.appender.logfile1.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.logfile1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%c] - %m%n

log4j.appender.logfile2=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.logfile2.File=data-hub-auth-service2.log
log4j.appender.logfile2.MaxFileSize=20000KB
log4j.appender.logfile2.MaxBackupIndex=3
log4j.appender.logfile2.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.logfile2.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%c] - %m%n

cheers,
md

Posted by Anthony Bull <an...@bcsoft.co.nz>.
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, console, logfile

log4j.appender.console=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.console.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.console.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%c] - %m%n

log4j.appender.logfile=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.logfile.File=data-hub-auth-service.log
log4j.appender.logfile.MaxFileSize=20000KB
log4j.appender.logfile.MaxBackupIndex=3
log4j.appender.logfile.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.logfile.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%c] - %m%n

Michael.Davis@servicecanada.gc.ca wrote:
> Could you please post the contents of your your log4j.properties file?
>
> cheers,
> md

Anthony
-------------------------------------
Anthony Bull
Senior Developer
Black Coffee Software Ltd
PO Box 10-192 The Terrace
Wellington, New Zealand

anthony.bull@bcsoft.co.nz
Ph  +64 4 472 8818
Fax +64 4 472 8811
Mobile 021 303 692
-------------------------------------

Posted by Anthony Bull <an...@bcsoft.co.nz>.

Martin Gainty wrote:
> Appears you're acquiring the rootLogger (Logger.getRootLogger) instead
> of NameOfLoggerYouDesire
> try
> Logger.getLogger(NameOfLoggerYouDesire);
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/Logger.html
>
> M--
> addressed.  If you have received this email message in error, please
> notify
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony Bull"
> <an...@bcsoft.co.nz>

Anthony