Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be> on 2005/09/07 23:30:33 UTC

missing dependency : commons-beanutils

Hi,

In the forms-samples,
http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/forms/form1-jx-macro seems to be
needing commons-beanutils :

21:05:10.142 WARN!! Error for /samples/blocks/forms/form1-jx-macro
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/beanutils/ConvertUtils
at
o.a.commons.jxpath.util.BasicTypeConverter.canConvert(BasicTypeConverter.java:165)
at
o.a.commons.jxpath.util.BasicTypeConverter.canConvert(BasicTypeConverter.java:155)
at
o.a.commons.jxpath.util.BasicTypeConverter.canConvert(BasicTypeConverter.java:160)
at o.a.commons.jxpath.util.TypeUtils.canConvert(TypeUtils.java:46
)
at
o.a.commons.jxpath.util.MethodLookupUtils.matchType(MethodLookupUtils.java:285)
at
o.a.commons.jxpath.util.MethodLookupUtils.matchParameterTypes(MethodLookupUtils.java:260)
at
o.a.commons.jxpath.util.MethodLookupUtils.lookupStaticMethod(MethodLookupUtils.java:144)
at
o.a.commons.jxpath.PackageFunctions.getFunction(PackageFunctions.java:200)

After I added commons-beanutils-1.7.0 to WEB-INF/lib i got this
stacktrace :

org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Undefined function:
org.apache.cocoon.forms.generation.JXMacrosHelper.createHelper

Cocoon stacktrace[hide]
Undefined function:
org.apache.cocoon.forms.generation.JXMacrosHelper.createHelper
resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/generation/jx-macros.xml - 28:143
<jx:set>
file:/D:/src/cocoon-2.1.x/build/webapp/samples/blocks/forms/forms/form1_template_action_jx-macro.xml
- 28:52	<ft:form-template>
file:/D:/src/cocoon-2.1.x/build/webapp/samples/blocks/forms/sitemap.xmap -
531:35	<map:serialize type="xml">
file:/D:/src/cocoon-2.1.x/build/webapp/samples/blocks/forms/sitemap.xmap -
528:79	<map:generate type="jx">
file:/D:/src/cocoon-2.1.x/build/webapp/samples/blocks/sitemap.xmap -
66:68	<map:mount>
file:/D:/src/cocoon-2.1.x/build/webapp/samples/sitemap.xmap - 188:65
<map:mount>
file:/D:/src/cocoon-2.1.x/build/webapp/sitemap.xmap - 666:66	<map:mount>

Is anyone else seeing this ? It's a bit strange that only this
particular template seems to be affected, yet I can't see anything wrong
with it.

Jorg

Re: missing dependency : commons-beanutils

Posted by hepabolu <he...@gmail.com>.
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>

>>I was searching for the cause of this error _for hours_ and finally
>>found out that it only appears if there is no <map:flow
>>language="javascript"/> element in any already called sitemap.
>>
>>There seems to be one (last) connection between flowscript and
>>jxtemplate, probably a problem with the object model initialization of
>>jxtemplate.
>>
>>As a work around just make sure that you have in e.g. your root sitemap
>>the <map:flow language="javascript"/> element.
>

> the forms samples block has a flow element declared though in the
> sitemap. I added it to the parent and parent-parent sitemap as well,
> didn't help.
>
> Should we temporarily disable this sample until the problem is fixed?

I have a different message. I've updated to a very current revision
(279745), did a clean build and now I get:

org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Undefined function:
org.apache.cocoon.forms.generation.JXMacrosHelper.createHelper

resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/generation/jx-macros.xml - 28:143
<jx:set>
file:/D:/svn/cocoonBranch/build/webapp/samples/blocks/forms/forms/form1_template_action_jx-macro.xml
- 28:52	<ft:form-template>
file:/D:/svn/cocoonBranch/build/webapp/samples/blocks/forms/sitemap.xmap -
503:35	<map:serialize type="xml">
file:/D:/svn/cocoonBranch/build/webapp/samples/blocks/forms/sitemap.xmap -
500:79	<map:generate type="jx">
file:/D:/svn/cocoonBranch/build/webapp/samples/blocks/sitemap.xmap -
66:68	<map:mount>
file:/D:/svn/cocoonBranch/build/webapp/samples/sitemap.xmap - 184:65
<map:mount>
file:/D:/svn/cocoonBranch/build/webapp/sitemap.xmap - 882:66	<map:mount>

HTH.

Bye, Helma

Re: missing dependency : commons-beanutils

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
 > Hi,
 >
 > In the forms-samples,
 > http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/forms/form1-jx-macro seems to be
 > needing commons-beanutils :
 >
 > 21:05:10.142 WARN!! Error for /samples/blocks/forms/form1-jx-macro
 > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/beanutils/ConvertUtils

Hi Jorg,

I was searching for the cause of this error _for hours_ and finally found out
that it only appears if there is no <map:flow language="javascript"/> element in
any already called sitemap.

There seems to be one (last) connection between flowscript and jxtemplate,
probably a problem with the object model initialization of jxtemplate.

As a work around just make sure that you have in e.g. your root sitemap the
<map:flow language="javascript"/> element.

I hope this solved your problem too.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc