Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Jim Gallacher <jg...@apache.org> on 2006/07/19 20:11:38 UTC

mod_python 3.2.10 available for testing

The mod_python 3.2.10 tarball is available for testing.

Part way through the release process for 3.2.9 a fix was found for
several memory leaks (MODPYTHON-172). We've decided to skip the official
3.2.9 release and proceed directly to 3.2.10, which is the same as 3.2.9
but with the leak fixes back-ported from trunk.

Here are the rules:

In order for a file to be officially announced, it has to be tested by
developers on the dev list. Anyone subscribed to this list can (and
should feel obligated to :-) ) test it, and provide feedback *to _this_
 list*! (Not the mod_python@modpython.org list, and preferably not me
personally).

The files are (temporarily) available here:

http://people.apache.org/~jgallacher/mod_python/dist/
http://people.apache.org/~jgallacher/mod_python/dist/mod_python-3.2.10.tgz
http://people.apache.org/~jgallacher/mod_python/dist/mod_python-3.2.10.tgz.md5

Please download it, then do the usual

$ ./configure --with-apxs=/wherever/it/is
$ make
$ (su)
# make install

Then (as non-root user!)

$ cd test
$ python test.py

And see if any tests fail. If they pass, send a +1 to the list, if they
fail, send the details (the versions of OS, Apache, Apache-mpm, Python,
the test output, and suggestions, if any).

Please present your test results in the following format:
+1 OS version, Apache version (apache mpm), Python Version

For example:
+1 Linux Debian Sid, Apache 2.0.55 (mpm-worker), Python 2.3.5

Presenting your information in a consistent format will help in
tabulating the results. You can include additional information in each
section, just don't use extra commas. There is no need to include the
mod_python version in this string as that information is available in
the email subject. Who knows, one day I may actually write a script to
extract this information automatically. :)

Thank you for your assistance,
Jim Gallacher

Re: mod_python 3.2.10 available for testing

Posted by Jorey Bump <li...@joreybump.com>.
+1 Linux Slackware 10.1, Apache 2.0.55 (mpm-prefork), Python 2.4.1

Posted by Sébastien Arnaud <ar...@emedialibrary.org>.
+1 Gentoo 2006.0 (x86_64), Apache 2.2.2(mpm-prefork), python-2.4.3

Sébastien

Re: mod_python 3.2.10 available for testing

Posted by Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T <je...@dundeemt.com>.
+1 FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p2 (i386), Apache 2.2.2(mpm-prefork), python-2.4.3

--
Jeff Hinrichs
Dundee Media & Technology, Inc

Re: mod_python 3.2.10 available for testing

Posted by Graham Dumpleton <gr...@dscpl.com.au>.
+1 MacOSX 10.4.7 PPC, Apache 2.2.1 (mpm-prefork), Python 2.3.5
+1 MacOSX 10.4.7 PPC, Apache 2.2.1 (mpm-worker), Python 2.3.5

Posted by Colin Bean <cc...@gmail.com>.
+1 Fedora Core 5, Apache 2.2.0 (mpm-prefork), Python 2.4.3

-Colin

Re: mod_python 3.2.10 available for testing

Posted by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@lehuen.com>.
+1 Windows XP SP2, Apache 2.0.58 (mpm-winnt), Python 2.4.3

Regards,
Nicolas