Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Heine, Christian (Extern)" <Ch...@gedas.de> on 2002/10/10 11:56:22 UTC

Running Jetspeed behind Proxy

Hello,

i am new on Jetspeed an i must implement for my company some WebPortlets.
The problem i have, that Tomcat throws Exeptions when i try to load Web
based Portlets. I've found some threads wich tell me that i must config the
proxy IP and Port to success. I've set the following variable at the top of
catalina.bat :

           set CATALINA_OPTS=-Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy.gedas.de
-Dhttp.proxyPort=8080

But nothing is realy changed. The same exceptions. Has anyone break through
that kind of problem? I'ts urgend 4 me to know how it works, because the
knowledge is some kind of basics for my diploma work. I use Apache 2.0.42
with Tomcat 4.0.4 and Jetspeed 1.04b. At my university i try to run jetspeed
with Tomcat 4.0.5, but i can't start Jetspeed, is this another Bug?

Thx 4 help,
Christian