Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Lenin Raj <em...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/02 10:26:38 UTC

Allowing Impersonation

Hello,

When I try to invoke a job, I am getting impersonation error. I tried
searching in Google, but could not resolve it.

*This is my core-site.xml:*

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- Put site-specific property overrides in this file. -->

<configuration>
<property>
  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
  <value>/app/hadoop/tmp</value>
  <description>A base for other temporary directories.</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>fs.default.name</name>
  <value>hdfs://localhost:54310</value>
  <description>The name of the default file system.  A URI whose
  scheme and authority determine the FileSystem implementation.  The
  uri's scheme determines the config property (fs.SCHEME.impl) naming
  the FileSystem implementation class.  The uri's authority is used to
  determine the host, port, etc. for a filesystem.</description>
</property>
<!-- OOZIE -->
*  <property>
    <name>hadoop.proxyuser.oozieuser.hosts</name>
    <value>localhost</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hadoop.proxyuser.oozieuser.groups</name>
    <value>*</value>
  </property>*
</configuration>

*I have restarted hadoop after modifying core-site.xml.*

I am starting oozie server using the user id 'oozieuser'

*Job run via root*
Error: E0902 : E0902: Exception occured: [User: oozieuser is not allowed to
impersonate root]

*Job run via oozieuser*
Error: E0902 : E0902: Exception occured: [User: oozieuser is not allowed to
impersonate oozieuser]

If I am starting oozie server using the user id 'root'

*Job run via root*
Error: E0902 : E0902: Exception occured: [User: root is not allowed to
impersonate root]

*Job run via oozieuser*
Error: E0902 : E0902: Exception occured: [User: root is not allowed to
impersonate oozieuser]

*Is my core-site.xml configuration correct? If not what should be modified?*

Thanks,
Lenin

Re: Allowing Impersonation

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@gmail.com>.
Lenin,

It should the unix username that is running the oozie server.

thanks

Re: Allowing Impersonation

Posted by Lenin Raj <em...@gmail.com>.

Re: Allowing Impersonation

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Re: Allowing Impersonation

Posted by Lenin Raj <em...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roman,

Does 1.0.4 support wildcards?

What are the ways to debug this issue?

PS - oozieuser is a member of the root group.

root@li339-83:/usr/local/oozie/oozie/distro/target/oozie-3.3.2-distro/oozie-3.3.2#
groups oozieuser
oozieuser : oozieg root

Thanks,