Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Aapo Laakkonen <aa...@projectcast.com> on 2001/07/04 10:33:53 UTC

Database Access

I'm currently using Struts connection pooling facilities from Action
classes. Now I'm
going to implement data access logic in my data access components, but I'm
not sure
that how can I still use struts based connection pooling. Do I have to
transfer
DataSource object or servlet ocject from Action to data access component,
or can I get that directly from my data access component? I'm not using EJBs
right now, because I'm still learning the basics.

Can someone give me an example how to coordinate moving data from dao to
value objects. Some class examples would be great. Or how in general is the
best way to implement database interactions in struts (not using ejbs)? I
know
that it may depend on what you are doing, but is there some common pattern
that can be used?

-- Aapo Laakkonen, +358 (50) 33 99 682, ProjectCast Ltd, Helsinki, Finland.