Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Lance D." <la...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/01 18:25:11 UTC

VxWorks and Qpid

I have a quick question for the community. Has anyone tried Qpid on VxWorks
(either the client or the broker)? Are there any problems with it? Are
there any other viable AMQP (0-10) clients for that platform?

Thanks!
-Lance

Re: VxWorks and Qpid

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 05/02/2014 02:56 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 6:00 AM, Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05/01/2014 05:25 PM, Lance D. wrote:
>>
>>> I have a quick question for the community. Has anyone tried Qpid on
>>> VxWorks
>>> (either the client or the broker)? Are there any problems with it?
>>>

>> I haven't tried, but the IO used depends on platform and at present there
>> is an epoll based solution for linux, and a windows based solution. I think
>> you may need something specific for VxWorks there, which though certainly
>> possible is non-trivial.
>>

>>   Are
>>> there any other viable AMQP (0-10) clients for that platform?
>>>

>> Does it have to be AMQP 0-10? With AMQP 1.0 you would have more options.
>> In particular the Qpid proton library might be useful. The messenger API
>> relies on select (is that supported on VxWorks) and you can always fallback
>> to using the engine API with your own IO code if needed.
>>

> The messenger API actually uses poll (without the e) not select.

Oops, sorry!

Re: VxWorks and Qpid

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.
On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 6:00 AM, Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 05/01/2014 05:25 PM, Lance D. wrote:
>
>> I have a quick question for the community. Has anyone tried Qpid on
>> VxWorks
>> (either the client or the broker)? Are there any problems with it?
>>

> I haven't tried, but the IO used depends on platform and at present there
> is an epoll based solution for linux, and a windows based solution. I think
> you may need something specific for VxWorks there, which though certainly
> possible is non-trivial.
>

>  Are
>> there any other viable AMQP (0-10) clients for that platform?
>>

> Does it have to be AMQP 0-10? With AMQP 1.0 you would have more options.
> In particular the Qpid proton library might be useful. The messenger API
> relies on select (is that supported on VxWorks) and you can always fallback
> to using the engine API with your own IO code if needed.

The messenger API actually uses poll (without the e) not select.

--Rafael

Re: VxWorks and Qpid

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.