Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by sa...@eternity.c2.org on 1996/02/18 23:33:39 UTC

cvs installed -- now what?

	Pardon my ignorance, but I looked at the CVS primer that was
posted here, I installed cvs, and now I don't know what to do. How do I
setup cvs to use the cvs root on hyperreal?

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3

Re: cvs installed -- now what?

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@hotwired.com>.
In article <19...@originat.demon.co.uk> you write:
>setenv CVSROOT hyperreal.com:/export/home/cvs
>
>and then use it as normal i.e. as though it's a local cvs repository.

You actually only need to set that when you're going to issue a 'cvs
checkout'.  If you leave it unset at all other times you can more easily
work on projects from multiple repositories.  CVS stores the repository
location on disk as it does the checkout, so it doesn't need CVSROOT set
for future invocations.  It complains if CVSROOT is set and is different
than the contents of CVS/Root.

Dean