Posted to issues@hbase.apache.org by Julian Zhou <ju...@me.com> on 2012/12/10 07:36:37 UTC

Possibility of "KeyValue.compareRows"

Maybe a little picky, from performance point of view, is it necessary of "KeyValue.compareRows", since it directly call "Bytes.compareTo.." without other logic. Since method invoking cost some byte codes, considering the KeyValue.compareRows is called very frequently for StoreScanner, etc. Is it necessary to replace it with raw  "Bytes.compareTo.."?

Best Regards, Julian

Re: Possibility of "KeyValue.compareRows"

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Julian,

These simple methods will certainly get inlined by the JIT at the call
sight. If you have any numbers which show improved performance, then
it makes sense to manually inline it, but I would be really suprised
if you do.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: Possibility of "KeyValue.compareRows"

Posted by Julian Zhou <ju...@me.com>.