Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Allen Day <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/24 22:39:58 UTC

tracking progress for TableMap

How can I get an indicator of what % of rows a TableMap has processed
so far?  I want to be able to monitor job progress through e.g. the
hadoop web monitoring system.

I've tried using reporter.setStatus() and reporter.progress(), but it
seems to not be what I need.

Same question for TableReduce.

-Allen

Re: tracking progress for TableMap

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Yeah.  Its an old issue.  See HBASE-635 and in particular Billy
Pearson's suggestion for how we might implement percentage complete.
St.Ack