Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/01/15 09:22:12 UTC

How about distributing an ant-jsch.jar for Ant 1.5.x?

Hi,

Rob Anderson, the initial author of the SSH tasks in 1.6 has looked
into what is needed to create a jar that allows the SSH tasks to be
used with Ant 1.5.[1]

It may be a good idea to put together a small jar with the required
classes from 1.6 and distribute it for people who are stuck with Ant
1.5 (because they use an IDE that's not that easy to upgrade for
example).

What do you think?

Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=107410755020702&w=2

Re: How about distributing an ant-jsch.jar for Ant 1.5.x?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>
wrote:

> Do we want to bring the ssh code and the TeeOutputStream class into
> the ant 1.5 branch so that if there is any maintainance to do there
> and that the HEAD branch cannot be used any more for ant 1.5 we are
> not stuck.

It may be best to have the classes compiled against the 1.5 branch Ant
core classes, just to be sure - so adding them to the 1.5 branch is
probably the easiest way to achieve that.

I volunteer to produce the jar and distribute/announce it, just want
to give others a few more days time to object.

Stefan
--
http://stefanbodewig.blogger.de/

Re: How about distributing an ant-jsch.jar for Ant 1.5.x?

Posted by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Rob Anderson, the initial author of the SSH tasks in 1.6 has looked
>into what is needed to create a jar that allows the SSH tasks to be
>used with Ant 1.5.[1]
>
>It may be a good idea to put together a small jar with the required
>classes from 1.6 and distribute it for people who are stuck with Ant
>1.5 (because they use an IDE that's not that easy to upgrade for
>example).
>
>What do you think?
>
>Stefan
>
>Footnotes:
>[1]  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=107410755020702&w=2

This is fine with me.

Do we want to bring the ssh code and the TeeOutputStream class into the
ant 1.5 branch
so that if there is any maintainance to do there and that the HEAD
branch cannot be used any more for ant 1.5
we are not stuck.

I would then add the creation of the ant-jsch.jar in the build of ant 1.5

Cheers,

Antoine